Showing 1–6 of 24 results
Lash Extensions: Tips You Need To Know Before Purchase
When it comes to choosing from Silk, Faux Mink (usually just referred to as mink) and Synthetic lashes it is important to bear in mind that these essentially are all just different names for the same product.
These lashes are specifically made, using synthetic fibres and while the materials are the same, the quality and finish of these lashes can greatly vary. Some may have a glossy sheen to them, while others may have a more matte finish. The glossier lashes will often be branded as ‘silks’ while lashes with a matte finish tend to be branded as ‘minks’.
At Quality Beauty Store® we select only the finest lash from carefully chosen suppliers.
Eyelash Extensions Questions & Answers
How to choose the right eyelash extensions?
Because of that, there are so many options on the market that it could be a hard task finding the right lashes for you. We have therefore prepared a short guide on what you need to know before choosing your right eyelash extensions.
Do eyelash extensions ruin my natural lashes?
There are several conditions you have to keep in mind if you regularly wear lash extensions. We have summarised them in the following bullet points.
You can regularly wear classic eyelash extensions if:
- Your natural lashes are full and healthy.
- Your lash technician is certified and uses high-quality materials.
- Eyelash extension technician does not use too heavy lashes.
- You pay attention to the aftercare procedures (any professional lash therapist would also lecture you on how to look after your lashes once you had your treatment).
- You have no reaction to the materials that are used for the treatment.
With regards to the Russian Volume lashes, you are fine wearing them regularly if:
- Your natural lashes are full and strong.
- You are using thin lashes (We recommend choosing lashes between 0.03mm to 0.10mm thick, check our Loventure® and Diamond Silk lashes for these sizes)
Every certified and professional technician will perform a check on your natural eyelash before each and every eyelash extension treatment. She would then decide if your natural lashes are suitable for this kind of treatment.
What is the difference between mink and silk lashes?
The eyelash extensions are generally separated into classic or volume lashes. Recently, a new trend called the Russian Volume lashes has shifted the focus towards really thin lashes. Russian Volume lashes are applied by placing 3-5 thinner lashes to one natural lash.
At the Quality Beauty Store, our advanced lash technicians can do as many as 10 lashes in one fan. However, this can only be possible if the natural lashes are thick enough. In order to keep up with the recent trends, we introduced 0.03mm thickness from BL Lashes. Currently, they are as thin as you can get. At our store, you can also buy knot-free premade volume fans to speed up your volume lash treatment.
One the other hand, individual eyelash extensions or 1:1 technique is still very popular among clients and classic lashes continue to enjoy high demand at lash salons. From our experience, 0.15mm thickness is the most common size used for classic lashes.
What lashes can I buy at Quality Beauty Store?
- Loventure® – Our absolute best seller lashes. You can choose between mink or silk finish for glossier or matte look. This product represents excellent value for money. Loventure® lashes are available in individual, mixed or loose trays.
- BL Lashes – High-quality laser mink lashes, from an industry expert company BL Lashes. Formerly known as Blink Mink Lash, they come from as thin as 0.03mm and are ultra-lightweight.
- Neicha – 16 lines of premium cut silk eyelash extensions are perfect to use both for classic and Russian Volume lashes. Available as mixed or individual lengths.
- Diamond Silk – Perfect for volume lashes as they are really light. Clients highly rate the deep black colour of these lashes as well as an excellent quality of the material.
- Premade Volume Fans – Sold in both trays and loose jars. Premade fans are easier to work with and you can now choose how many lashes you would like to have on each strand.
We would like to remind that all eyelash extension products sold at the Quality Beauty Store are also available as part of our Eyelash Starter Kit where you will have included eyelash glue with other application tools. Lash kits available from Quality Beauty Store represent excellent value for money and start from as little las £39.99.
What curl should I choose for my eyelash extension?
Choosing curls could be very easy if you know your client needs. To start with, J curl (sometimes also referred to as A curl) has the most straight lift. B curl is really close to the natural lash. They are also good to practice with; especially for students as B curl is generally easier to work with. C curl is the most common curl used as it is the most natural-looking curl. If you want to create a dramatic effect go for a D curl.
It will create a “doll” like appearance and will definitely be noticed by people around you. Having said that, it really depends on the eyelash technician and the lengths she is using, as it is possible to achieve a really dramatic look even with straight lift curls whilst playing with different lengths.
How long do eyelash extensions last?
As the things stand, there is no universal agreement on how long should a set of lashes last. There are many variable factors that will impact the bonding period of the eyelash extensions. These are:
- Pre-treatment procedures
Experienced lash artists always pay high attention to the pre-treatment procedures. One of the best pre-treatment products is the lash primer. The main objective of the primer is to degrease and remove any dirt and oil from the natural lashes.
With clean lashes, the application process is much easier and straightforward. Also, it is almost guaranteed that your eyelash extensions will last longer.
Another important factor is the choice of eyelash glue. You can read all about how to choose the correct eyelash extension glue and which options do we hold for you here (link to lash glue page).
How do you shower with eyelash extensions?
At the Quality Beauty Store, we do not recommend moistening your lashes for 24-48 hours after your treatment. Afterwards, you are absolutely fine taking showers, going to a sauna or going on holidays to warm countries with your eyelash extensions. Just keep in mind these tips:
- Use warm water when washing your face.
- Do not rub your eyes when washing your face.
- Use only a soft material towel when drying your face.
How do you look after your eyelash extensions?
At the Quality Beauty Store, we also stock many excellent eyelash extension products for aftercare. For example, one of them is the Glowing Mascara that will act as a coating sealant and protect your lashes from moisture and dust exposure which in turn will allow your lash extensions to last longer.
When applied correctly, all these products will cause no damage to your own or your clients lashes. Also, with each of this lash hair is extended one at a time so they will just look like your own lashes and you will be amazed by final result.
Feel free to contact us at any time if you would like to hear more about the lashes we hold in our stock.